How to pass the CISA Exam: Step-by-step guide
Date: 26 May 2022
CISA refers to a certification issued by the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA). The CISA certification is a step in the right direction for those who audit, control, monitor and assess an organisation’s information technology and business systems.
In this blog, we share some simple strategies that can help you ace the CISA Examination.
Why should one get the CISA Certification?
One should get the CISA certification as this credential is in high demand with employers, especially the Big 4 accounting firms (KPMG, Deloitte, PWC, Ernst & Young), Tier 1 investment banks (Goldman Sachs, Citibank, JP Morgan Chase) and many more. Any IT Internal Auditing and/ or Compliance Department would require CISA holders to provide assurance on IT systems and supporting business processes.
With the CISA Certification Programme, IT professionals get a chance to truly elevate their knowledge of Information Systems’ audit processes as well as to enhance their understanding of guidelines and standards pertaining to auditing and protecting IT systems.
In summary, CISA can act as a powerful differentiator on your CV. It can open new avenues for your career as it is also a demonstration of your commitment to the field of IT auditing. Pursuing the CISA Certification, therefore, is highly recommended.
But it must be noted that passing the CISA examination isn’t a cakewalk. Preparing for the exam such that you ace it requires adequate preparation. In the next section, we share a step-by-step guide that will help you crack the CISA examination.
How to prepare for & pass the at are the other key benefits of passing the CISA exam?
One can prepare for the CISA exam:
For getting the CISA certification, self preparation over 4-5 months can be sufficient. Following are the ways in which self-study can be made more effective:
- You can refer to customizable, interactive sample exams that are designed from a database of 1,000+ CISA Review questions.
- For gaining more detailed knowledge, you can also refer to the books provided by CISA including the CISA Review Manual book by ISACA and the CISA Planning Guide.
- You can also take the Free CISA self-assessment exam for amplifying self-study efforts, understanding strong and weak areas and focussing your preparation accordingly.
2. Online Training
Students usually opt for online training courses for the CISA exam for a more structured preparation journey. Cyber Management Alliance provides an online CISA training that is delivered by qualified, ISACA-approved CISA instructors.
Below are some of the good practices that will help you enhance the effectiveness of your CISA online preparation:
- Stay relaxed and focus on learning the ISACA way of doing things.
- Your experience still counts but try to not allow it to conflict with what you learn.
- Make sure your regularly read your CISA review manual (~40-50 pages per day).
- Follow a study plan and make continuous progress.
- Regularly discuss your progress with your instructor.
- After every module completion, practice at least 70-80 questions.
- Try to limit yourself to using resources that are suggested by your instructor.
The key features of our CISA training are:
- Easy to read material for all the 5 domains (slide pack).
- 2 Full CISA Practice Exams.
- Domain-wise practice questions.
- CISA Review/ Cheat sheet (what you need to know for your exam).