Why is the CISA certification important?
Date: 28 January 2022
Certified Information Systems Auditor or CISA refers to a designation issued by the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA). CISA certification is the standard and appropriate path for those who audit, control, monitor and assess an organization’s information technology and business systems. In this bog, we explore what makes the CISA certification so coveted and relevant today.
What is the employment potential like?
CISA credentials are in high demand with employers such as Big 4 organisations (KPMG, Deloitte, PWC, Ernst & Young), Tier 1 investment banks (Goldman Sachs, Citibank, JP Morgan Chase) and many more. In reality, any IT Internal Auditing, Compliance Department would require CISA-certified IT auditors to provide assurance on IT systems.
What are the other key benefits of passing the CISA exam?
As the author of this blog, below are the key benefits that I have personally experienced after having passed the CISA exam:
- Competitive advantage over peers (who are not CISA certified).
- Credibility in what you say and do.
- Confidence in dealing with a wide spectrum of stakeholders (including those challenging the stakeholders).
- Global recognition as an IS audit professional.
- Recognition for quicker promotions and better pay.
Below are the benefits of CISA credentials:
- 22% increase in potential pay
- 70% on-the-job performance improvement
- Average salary of US $ 110K+ of CISA holders
- 151K + CISA Certification holders currently
A CISA certification proves your expertise in these work-related domains:
- Information systems auditing process
- Governance and Management of IT
- Information systems Acquisition, Development and Implementation
- Information systems operations and business resilience
- Protection of Information Assets
Below is a salary graph of CISA certified professionals working in the US (in USD)
[Source - Payscale]
Given below is another salary graph mapping pay ranges for CISA certified professionals working in the UK (in GBP)
[Source - Payscale]
Know more about our CISA training course.
Author: Abhinav Goyal
Abhinav Goyal is a professional CISSP trainer within Cyber Management Alliance’s training pool. He is CM-Alliance’s CISSP/CISA/ISO 27001/SOX/Information Risk Management/SAP Cyber security trainer. He has an MBA (Finance), along with qualifications in Computer Engineering, CISSP, CISA, ITIL (expert), COBIT (foundations), and SAP security.
If you are interested in exploring our CISSP Training & Mentorship programme details and register for your Free CISSP session – click here or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.